Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Rain causes phones to start ringing and line goes dead

We have a major problem with the Virgin phone line (it does not effect Broadband), during recent heavy downpours in London (and only when it rains/has just rained) - the phones suddenly start ringing in the house - not the usual 'sane' ring but as if the phones have all gone mad - the ring becomes a constant ring.

There is obviously no one on the end of the phone. The phone line is dead. A normal corded phone into the master socket reveals the phone line is dead, so the rain has caused something to go wrong.

The phone line tests OK at Service Status so this seems to be a physical fault - water getting into at the Head End (seems impossible at the house given where the connections are located).

What can be done? Engineer visit? But to do what? Strikes me it must be a physical engineering/construction issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Rain causes phones to start ringing and line goes dead

Hi Jsincla,

Thank for reaching out to us and welcome to our community, I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue with your phones ringing for no reason.

I would like to invite you into  into a private chat, I will send you an invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos