cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question re Landline switchover

jka94036
Superfast

Hi,

Seems that anyone with a problem with there legacy landline connection are moved to the hub connection ( as I was), considering people who have no broadband, like my elderly mum, but has VM landline and TV, what happens then ?

My mum is on your vulnerable list btw

3 REPLIES 3

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jka94036

Welcome back to the community. 

Anyone customers who do not have a broadband connection will be given a router so that the landline can continue to work with the new IP system. The router will work only to provide service to the landline and no include a broadband service unless the customer wishes to add this a some point. 

You can find out more information on device compatible and other FAQ's on the switchover process on our community forums page here, or on the Future of Voice site here. 

There is also a government webpage now that you can follow for more information on Telecare companies and how they are also preparing for the switchover here if needed. 

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns regarding this and your mother's services, we'll be here to support further if needed. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Ok thanks for that.

My mum also has a ‘telephone care’ system in place so will contact them as well

John

You're welcome @jka94036

Please don't hesitate to get back in touch on this thread if needed. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley