Menu
Viju-S
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Process of transferring BT landline and keeping number

I want find information on the process and time it takes to transfer a BT landline and keep the number. 

I have tried customer service and they just bouncing the call between different people and was more concerned with trying upgrade my bundle than give me the information first.

0 Kudos
Molly_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Process of transferring BT landline and keeping number

Hi @Viju-S,

Many thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. Sorry to hear that our customer services have not given the best advice about keeping your landline number when moving over to us. 

We do have a little bit of info on this at the bottom of our Keeping My Number page.

Essentially, if you contact us to take up home phone services, please mention that you would like to have your number with your current provider 'ported.' We request this number from your provider and this then gets transferred over to us when your previous services have been fully disconnected - this can take up to 10 days. 

If you decide to go through with the home phone services, please note that this would need to be carried out by our 'Broadband' team.

Any further questions let me know and I will try my best to answer 🙂

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Viju-S
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Process of transferring BT landline and keeping number

Hi @Molly_G,

Thanks for the very helpful information and that is exactly what I wanted know. I will contact customer services.to add phone services to thee broadband.

Viju