Menu
v1nod
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Process of porting landline FROM Virgin?

Hello, am the same situation as described inthis thread.

I moved within the same area code, and the number porting request is rejected by Virginmedia.

The reason why Virginmedia is stating is the line became "inactive", when my account got terminated. When my account was terminated, I clearly said to them the number is being moved to another supplier.

Now virginmedia are asking me to "re-order" to get the line activated, how/why on earth?

In my opinion, this seems to be "dubious" practice to increase the sales/order count, and unless VM cannot sort this out, I will be raising a complaint with them.

I wonder any moderators in this forums will be able to help me please?

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Process of porting landline FROM Virgin?

Hi V1nod, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I am really sorry that there has been some issues with your landline number, this isn't good.

We can certainly take a closer look and see what has gone on and if we can resolve it. 

To do this though I'll need to pop you a personal message and grab some details. 

I'll do this now and I look forward to hearing back from you soon. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
v1nod
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank Emma, much appreciate your help.

I have replied to your message via internal messaging system of this forum software

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi @v1nod

Thanks for your Private Messages - glad that we have been able to help get this sorted out, we are sorry about any delay.

Hope you have a good week, stay safe

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
v1nod
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Katie & Emma, your help has been immensely appreciated in sorting this issue out.

Sharing some wisdom to anyone moving out of Virginmedia (in the same area code) to a VM non-cabled street within the same town/area.

a) The safest way to ensure landline continuity is by arranging the landline transfered across to your new provider while living at your old address i.e just before your home move. This way you will make sure you have very minimal interruption of 1 or 2 days of switching sevices after your home move. In my case it was nearly 45 days and my life was hell becuase of my work from home situation with colleagues not able to reach me, and of course Covid did not help either.

b) Landline number porting between Virginmedia and other providers (within same area code) after moving home is still possible, however it is indeed a complicated process, depending on various other parameters.

c) By regulation, Ofcom allows number porting while you are the same address. If you move out and attempt to port, it is not covered by regulation and it is only done as a 'favour' by providers.

d) It is not always possible to do a) for various other reasons. If that happens please make sure your new provider (also called gaining provider) initiates the porting request with correct details. If the porting request(usually an automated process called number import/export) did noto work, then the gaining provider had to acquire the old connection number via "escalation" via Openreach.  The escalation email is migration.services.escalations@openreach.co.uk  Please note, as a customer, you cannot email Openreach directly, this has to initiated by the gaining provider (i.e your new landline provider)

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos