Menu
Kags63
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Problems with landline

Problems with landline. No dial tone on downstairs extension but has a dial tone on upstairs one. When ring it from another phone it rings for a second or 2 then stops and goes dead but landline does not ring. If use upstairs extension to check if working and ring out by ringing the speaking clock it connects but then wont disconnect when hanging up and have to keep unplugging connection from wall to disconnect the call completely. Did online test last week and booked engineer to come out today 18 September 12-4 but I didn't receive any confirmation via email to say I had actually booked engineer so I now don't know if the online system worked either.  Been trying to ring helpline via mobile for past hour and cannot get through.  Can someone please advise if the engineer I booked will be coming or can one be arranged. 

0 Kudos
carly77
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems with landline

I had the problem with phone just ringing once aswell on numerous times last week.  Currently on message to them but now putting me through the message system to the technical team. I've been on it since 12🤦‍♀️.

With no dial tone or anything is really annoying. Good job I have a mobile!

0 Kudos
Kags63
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Beginning to wonder why I'm paying £47 a month as only get internet and can't even use phone, get through on the phone and even the online system to book an engineer doesn't work either by the look of it!  If I could get through I'd cancel all together as can get same service elsewhere for half the price!  Good luck - hope you get your problem resolved.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kags63,

Thanks for posting on the community forums - many apologies for our delayed response and for the landline trouble you've been having.

I've just had  a quick look at things from here and can see that you were able to arrange for another appointment slot which is confirmed on our end. Sorry again for the inconvenience caused and the trouble you had with our website, I'll ensure that this is fed back to the relevant team.

Please do keep us posted with how things go after your appointment and if you need anything else meanwhile we'll be happy to help from here.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi carly77,

Thanks for your comment. I saw your post earlier this morning and I have responded to you from there. When you get the chance, please do take a look for me. I want to make sure that you're getting some help with this if you haven't already.

Many thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Kags63
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi beth 

Quick update to let you know that the engineer turned up today and has fixed the issue with my landline so all sorted.

Regards

Karen

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting us know @Kags63

We're around if you need anything else 🙂

Emma_C - Forum Team