Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Problem with receiving certain calls weird issue

Hi, 
I have a weird issue with my landline. When my mum rings me the phone rings but I cannot hear her when I answer, the line appears to be dead. But if I ring her then it works fine.

Thinking it was an issue with her equipment I bought her a new phone, but the issue still happens.

The weird thing is that if my mum rings me from her landline to my mobile phone everything is ok, so not sure if the problem is with me or her.

If I ring my number from my mobile then everything works okay

HELP !

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problem with receiving certain calls weird issue

Okay, this seems to only happen from virgin phone to virgin phone as I can receive other calls without issue.

anyone have any ideas ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey jka94036,

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your landline.

I can take a further look into your account but would need to do this by private message, so that we can clear account security and confirm your details.

I will drop the private message over in a moment, so that we can get this investigated for you.

Thanks
Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Exactly the same thing is happening with me. If my partner rings me on his Virgin Media landline, he can hear me, but I can’t hear him. If I ring him, no problem. This only happens with his line and started about a week ago.

Have both reported this fault and have had our lines checked remotely. Today I have had a technician to call and he said my line was fine, the problem must be at my partner’s end OR at the exchange. 

We have both spent a long time, several times, trying to explain the problem to the call centre staff who have not met this before. They have been no help and today have wasted my time and the technician’s. I have filed a complaint.

Even as I write, my partner is attempting to get through to the call centre again as the situation is SO annoying. 

if you find a fix, please let me know as I am considering leaving Virgin if that is what it takes to solve this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that you're having a similar issue at the moment nasussenoj.

If your line has been checked and there are no issues, there would be no need to look into this further but as your partner is having issues, would you be able to pass data protection on his behalf and we can get this issue looked into further or has your partner managed to speak to an agent yet?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

He has had yet another frustrating call to the call centre and is having a technician visit on Monday.
The call centre kept saying his line was fine, but mine needed checking.

How can I give you his contact details privately, ie. without them appearing on this message board?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Had two technician visits now and still not fixed, third one booked for weds this week.

This is getting very frustrating 

john

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello jka94036,

Sorry to hear about the repeated tech visits, I've had a look at your account and can see that the engineer did visit and provided some advice. Please let us know if you still have issues so we can take another look or see what we've missed.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos