Menu
timha
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Problem calling a Virgin phone from a BT landline

I've a very strange issue. (and from this you will say I have too many phones!)

My sister has a virgin landline on 020 8425 exchange.  I can call it from by Virgin landline (020 8265) my EE mobile, and BT Cloud Voice,  however if my frail parents (020 8693) attempt to call on their BT landline, or I try to call from my (020 8670) BT landline, I get a double beep fault tone Bee-boooo.  
BT claim to have checked and think the issue must be barring the other end. She has no barring enabled and does not have a phone that can block numbers.

I am thinking the equivalent of a DNS has a problem between the networks, and I suspect BT end.

Is there a way of checking all is ok the Virgin end, and what is the name of the thing like a DNS that transits phone numbers?

For my parents in their late 80s/90s it is a lifeline to be able to call that number, I would appreciate any assistance.

Thanks

Tim

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problem calling a Virgin phone from a BT landline

Hi timha, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear about the problems your parents have had when calling your sisters phone line. As it's important that your parents are able to call that number I appreciate this is something we need to try & get resolved asap.

So we can assist further I will get in touch via PM to confirm the details & hope to hear back from you soon.

Tom 

0 Kudos