Menu
chrisbowes
Joining in
Message 1 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Problem calling France from landline

I have a regular problem when calling France from landline to landline they can't hear me but I can hear them. All calls within the UK are working correctly. Does anyone else have this problem?

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problem calling France from landline

Hi chrisbowes

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Is it only French landlines you're struggling with, more than 1 person as well?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos
chrisbowes
Joining in
Message 3 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Its only France that we call and its different numbers in France that have the same problem.

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to us chrisbowes.  To enable me to look into this more for you I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
BruceDickinson
Joining in
Message 5 of 26
Flag for a moderator

I've got exactly the same problem!  They are looking at it now.
Did yours get sorted?  And if so, do you know how?

0 Kudos
showoff
Tuning in
Message 6 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Hope someone has the answer to this as its driving me mad.

I have the following

Landline: Virginmedia

1st Mobile: Virgin Mobile

2nd Mobile: GiffGaff

Making and receiving calls on any phone in the UK  is fine. When I call abroad on the Landline or Virgin mobile (tried 6 different people) they cannot hear me but I can hear them. When the same people ring me on both Virgin numbers they can hear me and I can hear them. Incoming and outgoing calls abroad on GiffGaff mobile is fine. 

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi ShowOff,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your Landline looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you, could you tell me more about what is occurring with your landline please?
Some of the questions we usually ask are - 
•    Is there a dial tone? What do you hear when you pick up the receiver? (crackly/error message/No dial tone/yes dial tone)
•    Can you make/receive calls from Virgin Media landlines, what about non Virgin Media lines (non Virgin Media and all mobile numbers)
•    Is it a particular number you can’t receive? If yes, what provider are they with? What times and dates have they tried to call?
•    Are you plugged into Hub or the Virgin Media wall socket? Can you try a different wall socket (if you have one)
•    Can you try a different phone if you have one spare?
•    Have you recently ported over to us? If so, what date?
I also have some links here that help with general landline issues, have a look - 
No Dial Tone
Outgoing/Incoming Calls
Please come back to me with your answers 🙂
Thanks,
Megan_L

0 Kudos
noblem
Tuning in
Message 8 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Just to add, my partner has also been suffering exactly the same issue since around the start of the new year

When placing calls via both virgin landline (21CV via the Hub) and mobile, we can hear the intended recipient of the call, however the recipient cannot her us. The issue is only apparent when calling France, calls to UK numbers are unaffected as are inbound calls from France

Given there are several people in this thread reporting exactly the same issues, it seems a more general issue with calls placed from virgin customers (mobile or fixed line) to numbers in the France...

0 Kudos
Billikj
Joining in
Message 9 of 26
Flag for a moderator

yes I have just raised this with them. See post " Mind boggling technical issue" and "when I call a number in france they can't hear me......

Seems I am not alone !

0 Kudos
Billikj
Joining in
Message 10 of 26
Flag for a moderator

if anyone got a solution from Virgin to this please let us know it seems there are a few of with the same fault. 

0 Kudos