Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Prob with home phone connect no dial tone could we move to voip

Hi just wondered what the plan was for voip I’m mon Swansea area. Our landline has been out of action for over a year and we have telephone box . Recent visit by tech in relation to broadband suggested asking about voip as option to do away with phone socket. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Prob with home phone connect no dial tone could we move to voip

Hi there @Davdt

Wow - that is sometime to be without a landline; have we advised as to what the issue is???

I have located your account and have done a few checks from here - no errors showing with your line and no area issues have been identified. What issues are you having with it? 

I can confirm that at the time of writing, your account is showing that it is not yet eligible for our VOIP landline - I am sorry. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Katie_WT

just stopped working no dialling tone or ringing. Did mention to the team but was more expensive without that in the package than with them a short while later we started some renovation / decorating so went on back burner till we plan to get that room finished. Then lockdown happened. We have considered just giving up that service but as we just about to start that room thought if we didn’t need the box would do without it . Maybe we will get engineer out at some point . 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for popping back @Davdt

Have you tried another handset in the socket at all? If so, I can go through further checks and if needed, we can get a technician booked for you 🙂 

Thanks

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, apologies for delay was just waiting to check with another handset. Tried and still no dialling tone.

regards 

dave 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for checking, Davdt.

If there is still not dial tone with the replacement phone. I'll send you a PM shortly to get your details.

Thanks,

Corey C

0 Kudos