Menu
Eliz66
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Priority Fault Repair Service scheme - Vulnerable Person

Hi 

2 queries from me: Background: On September 22/9/2015, I registered my dad with Virgin Media under their Priority Fault Repair Service scheme. (He is now 99 years of age and has had a number of falls, some requiring hospital treatment and has a Lifeline Alarm Pendant System with a fall detector, which relies on his landline.)

(1)  Last night my dad's landline went down. When I called to report the fault, I was told he wasn’t registered under the Priority Fault Repair Service - even though I gave the date and time of my 2015 call, plus the name of the person from Virgin I spoke with.

The person I spoke with has told me he’s now registered my dad under the Priority Fault Repair Service scheme. Is there any way I can check this has actually been done? e.g. would his online account have this added?

(2) When my dad’s landline went down in March, I was told that the Priority Fault Repair Service wouldn’t help (at this stage the operative didn’t get so far as to check if my dad’s account was registered under the Priority Fault Repair Service). I was told this was because the fault was an area fault, not a fault in his home, and because of this the Priority Fault Repair Service didn’t apply. Is this correct?

Many thanks, Eliza

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Priority Fault Repair Service scheme - Vulnerable Person

Thank you for the post Eliz66, welcome to our community and sorry to hear of the confusion.

This would be flagging the account as disabled or vulnerable so any agent accessing this would see a notification of the details of this so they can assist the best they can. In a case of an area fault we can't book a priority appointment but what we do tend to do in this case would be to notify the area field manager in charge who can then make note to focus on getting this line back up and running as well as checking in on the customer if needed. 

Have you been in contact with the team since this post to check on everything? 

Let us know.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos