Menu
Atso
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Previous Phone Sockets in House

My previous provider Sky for my phone allowed me to use other wired phone sockets throughout my house primarily for fitting devices to these sockets to enhance the volume of incoming calls in rooms through the house.  With Virgin Media phone these sockets are not now connected to the Virgin router.  In this day and age there must be a way to overcome this by connecting the now unused BT master socket still connected to the Virgin Router.  Any advice would be appreciated.  Regards  Atso

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Previous Phone Sockets in House

Yes, it is possible to backfeed the telephone sockets from the hub. 

The engineer can do this when you get installed but this isn't avalible on QS

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

I am afraid that you VM cannot connect to the BT master socket, this is due to the fact that the hub is the master socket you cannot have two masters and also the equipment isn't VM's so they cannot modify it, it is the property of BT.

The extensions must feed into the BT master sockets, when you had your install did you ask the engineer for a standard socket as then you could have connected you extension to this one, VM will only give you one socket from the hub and then it would be your responsibility to wire up your extensions to that one socket.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Atso
Joining in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Mike thanks for your reply.  Much appreciated.  At the back of my master socket in a cupboard I have wires from that point connecting to all my other sockets in a junction box. Can I therefore connect a cable to this wee box with the colours matching and then to the VM router?  If so is there a place for this connection to be made to the VM router?  Regards  Atso

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hello

You are going to need an technician to install a extension from the hub, once that is done then you can connect your other extensions to that one that comes from the hub.

Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Atso
Joining in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Mike thanks again for your reply.  Regards  Atso

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Atso.

We're not liable to work on any equipment that is not our own so cannot connect our socket to the BT sockets in the property. 

We can do relocation's or extend any of the coax cables where needed at a chargeable visit of £99.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Atso
Joining in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Emily many thanks for your reply.  I have read several posts in the Community section and they like me were never informed/told that as an option did you want this facility completed so why now when I am finding difficulty in hearing incoming calls Virgin is wanting to charge me £99 for someone to visit my house and do what maybe should have been available and done at the installation visit.  Regards  Atso

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you requested this on the installation visit this would have been done, without the request to the engineer on the day we would fit the Hub and equipment to the master socket. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Atso
Joining in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Emily thanks again for your reply.  From memory I think I asked about this matter but was informed it could not be possible and obviously I took the engineer's word as you should do.  Is there any way you can delete the charge in this instance?  Regards Atson

0 Kudos