Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Pre-Installation - lack of communication

Hi

VM installed at the kerbside in our area a couple of months ago.

There're a few metres of grass and maybe some concrete in my front garden to work through to get the cable from kerbside to my house.

I ordered VM Broadband & Phone about a month ago for installation on 31st Oct (a week today). On the day I ordered I contacted customer services because there was no mention of pre-installation. They didn't really seem to understand what I was talking about and couldn't give me any indication of when or what the pre-installation process looks like.

A week away from installation and I'm none the wiser. I'm not getting good vibes from this forum and I have red flags and alarm bells going off to the point that I've extended my contract with my current provider for another month at extra cost. My wife and I are currently working from home, so internet connectivity is essential.

The only positive I have at the moment is an 'order' called 'Broadband' dated '24/010/20' [sic] between 8am and 6pm. Could that be the pre-installation team?

This is a shocking way to treat new customers.

Your lack of communication has already cost me money in the form of another monthly payment to my current provider.

Also, someone needs to sort your web team out. '24/010/20' is a schoolboy programming error!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pre-Installation - lack of communication

The pre-install is a visit by a cable pull team to pull the cable from the cabinet through the underground ducts to your boundary outlet. They leave it coiled up there for the installer to complete on the install day, & don’t usually need any access to your property.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi jamesdenyer,

Thank you for taking the time to post on our forum page and welcome to the community 🙂

I'm really sorry to hear you've been left in the dark regarding your installation and that you've not had the best experience so far. I'm sure we will be able to turn things around and shed some light on what's going on.

I'm going to send you over a PM so I can take some account details and go from there. Check out the purple envelope for a message from me.

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth

All was resolved yesterday, albeit in the wrong order. 
The installer arrived first and did what he could, then the kerb-to-house guy (not called pre-installer apparently) turned up and made a mess of my lawn (it’s ok, but he could have tidied it up a bit), then the installer had to come back to finish the setup.

All seems to be working fine, but as mentioned before, it all seemed very last minute and at no point was I kept in the loop in any meaningful way.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting us know, really sorry about the garden though and the updates weren't great, we'll ensure that is fedback. 

Glad it's all sorted now. 

Do let us know if you need anything else. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos