Menu
Highlighted
sooty52
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Postal Address Issues

My daughter is moving into a established flat that is only served by the Virgin Media network (Land lord has confirmed that the building does not have Openreach network installed and all tenants must use the VM network). She has tried to place the order on-line as the address is shown as being served by the VM network but as her specific flat is not shown on the VM sales teams system so she is unable to place an order until an engineer visit has been made which will take up to 10 working days! The previous tenant (who has only just moved out) was a VM customer but she cannot get the previous number through her landlord due to data protection rules. Surely the order should be taken (subject to the engineering visit) as the USO is provided by VM? Why is this not possible as the Postal Address File date show her flat being served in VM own on-line system?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Postal Address Issues

Hi sooty52, 

Welcome to our community forums! 

Really sorry to hear you're daughters having trouble taking out our services. 

In some cases we do have to carry out some pre install checks at serviceable properties, this can be for many reasons as we need to check the cables are all there and in a working condition. It's strange the sales team haven't been able to find the address with the previous tenant having our services, I'm not sure why that is and is something I will have to look into for you.  

I have sent you a private message to discuss this in more detail, if you've managed to get this sorted since your post please ignore it 🙂 

Thanks, 

Hetty 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos