Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Porting your number away from virgin media

Hi,

I have given my 30 day notice to leave virgin media due to various bad customer experiences etc. and they did not even try to stop me which is fine. 

I just want to know what is the process of porting my landline number to another provider. No one from virgin provided me with any information regarding this. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Porting your number away from virgin media

The OFCOM procedure is that your new provider deals with the ENTIRE porting process. This INCLUDES taking over the cancellation of your landline account.

As you have given Virgin notice to quit, your landline is now classed as "pending disconnection" & any porting request from another provider will fail. If you want to keep your Virgin number you must contact Virgin again immediately & re-activate the account for your landline or you will lose your number.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I called virgin media and I was told by an advisor that I can take my number with me before disconnection happens and it does not matter if I have given my notice to cancel. So I am confused now as to who is correct. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi jamal6008, 

Thank you for your post, 

You can take your number to your new provider as long as the number is live, you will need to get your new provider to request a number port. Once the line is disconnected the number may be lost. 

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos