Menu
Abdul5
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Porting phone number sky to virgin

Hi i am in a situation over phone number porting from sky to Virgin, the sales team did not put a request for number port from sky and now sky has told me it’s too late for me to carry the landline on and the number will be returned to bt.

I have spent 5 to 6 hours on the phone to virgin across 4 calls even called sky with the advise from vm.

I have told vm they can check the calls as they would be recorded to see I had said I want my number from sky brought over but no one seems to understand that it’s not my responsibility to be phoning bt and requesting to get my number from them when I’m not there customer they will not help me and it wasn’t me who caused the problem but virgin media so it should be them dealing with this mess and sorting it. Further more I remember specifically asking the sales guy if I should contact sky to have my services cancelled he said I wouldn’t need to because they would get the notice when Virgin requests the port for the phone number, Also it’s virgins issue so they should resolve it I have parents over the age of 80 and all there calls come on the landline I can’t afford to lose the number but they just don’t seem to understand.

Can I get some help on this please have tried to get through to the porting department but instead been put through to various other departments.

I’m sorry for ranting on with but I’m truly frustrated with this whole situation and the lack of support.

I have put a complaint in because I am not happy with the service provided but I don’t have any hope in the complain process as the international call centres don’t seem to have a clue what’s happening. Help will be much appreciated

thanks

Abdul

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Porting phone number sky to virgin

Hi Abdul5

I am already responding to you via an alternative thread.  I will get this one closed down.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos