Menu
tim999
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Porting old landline

hello DL4 & Zak_M

I'm having porting problems as well.

I moved over to Vodaphone in September with a credit on my Virgin account.

Vodaphone have ported my number and I'm using it but Virgin say they haven't.

Vodaphone insist they have ported the number and the proof is that I'm using it on their lines.

I've phoned numerous times to Virgin (wasted soooo many hours) and been promised it will be sorted out but every month they keep taking their landline charges from my credit and nothing gets done. They won't send my credit as they say that the landline hasn't been ported and I would lose my number if they did.

I made a complaint to Virgin and they've sent a letter saying they can't contact me.

I don't know why they are having problems because I'm retired and always at home with an answerphone turned on.

I've tried texting the complaint messenger team (as stated in their letter) but noone rings back.

I'm sick to the teeth, frustrated and out of pocket.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Porting old landline

Good afternoon @tim999

Welcome to the forums, 

Thank you for taking the time to post, we would normally request that you start your own thread but that's not a problem for now. 

I have taken a look into your account.  I can see that the number port was only completed today, are you able to confirm if this is the case? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
tim999
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Porting old landline

Hello Zak_M

Thanks for replying.

I've been on the phone to customer services again this morning.

After waiting an eternity I was passed to the Disconnection team (usual telno but use options 1,4,2)

I explained the situation but said I was going through Virgin's Unresolved complaint process (https://ebill2.virginmedia.com/ebill3/unresolved-complaint.xhtml)

I have lost all trust with your company.

The Disconnection team said they would phone back in 15 minutes but haven't, that was around 2 hours ago.

It's good (but new) news to me that something might finally be happening.

Hopefully someone will ring soon and confirm I'll get all of my money back, backdated to end of September with interest.

For info I had been with Virgin since they bought out Telewest over 20 years ago.

Shame to leave with such a bad experience.

0 Kudos