Menu
DL4
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Porting old landline

Hi I had a message from Virgin saying you would be transferring my old number 12/11/2020. It’s still not transferred over. We’ve been on hold for approx 5 calls and been disconnected after @45 minutes. Text message service promises to contact me (tried many times) but doesn’t.Please can you assist? Thanks

0 Kudos
DL4
Tuning in
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Old landline port

Hi I have a text saying my old landline number will be transferred on 12th Nov but it still hasn’t been. On hold on phone many times but it disconnects after 45 mins. Text message service says will be in contact numerous times but doesn’t. Please can you assist with this. Thankyou.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old landline port

THREADS MERGED - Please do not post multiple threads on the same issue.

VM BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Porting old landline

Good morning @DL4

Thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that we are yet to port the number over. 

Are you able to let us know, Is there number still active with the old provider or have you closed the account with them? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
DL4
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for your message. We told Virgin on our first call that a condition of signing up would be to keep our old number. We followed the guidance we were given. We started with Virgin 31st, have a text on 2nd saying all successful and will transfer old number 12th Nov, we then cancelled our old service as advised (and we wouldn’t want to pay two contracts). Virgin advises contacted old supplier but they rejected port, old supplier say absolutely no request from Virgin and number is ‘in space,’ waiting for your call so they can give back to us. We have spent a long time trying to sort this. We also have constant slow internet (last check was 3 not 100!) but one step at a time I think. Thanks

0 Kudos
Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi DL4,

Thank you for getting back to us and confirming that this number is no longer active with your previous provider. Unfortunately, this will be the reason we have been unable to port the number over to our network. We are only able to port active numbers, so a number that has already been disconnected would give an error and be automatically rejected.

It looks like we've already confirmed this with you via another of our contact methods. I'm afraid we'd be unable to give you a different answer.

If you require this number to be transferred, please reactivate the line with your previous provider and let us know so we can initiate the porting process once more.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
DL4
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hello it has been two days not please could you respond to the query. Thankyou

0 Kudos
DL4
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for your message. Please can you advise why we were given this information in the first place? We were told by your colleagues to join to you, call our old provider and cancel, call you to request the port. We then had a text saying it was successful and due on 12th Nov. You will hear this advice if you listen back to the calls when we were signing up. Our old provider have saved the number for you to take but clearly Virgin are not prepared to honour this.

We also have an intermittent speed ever since we joined you, I’m getting a 3 not 100 so am having to use my mobile data to complete urgent and routine tasks. We’ve spent approx 8 hours trying to sort this but no response.

Due to both of the above plus severe issues getting any customer support we wish to leave Virgin as we have no confidence in Virgin. Please confirm your agreement to this in writing so we can instruct our old provider company. We will raise a complaint separately regarding these issues as we have now lost our previous phone number and spent time and money on a service Virgin should be providing plus have lost our retention offer from previous provider.

Thanks for your help on this forum.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi DL4,

Thanks for coming back to us. Sadly I can't advise why this was not explained to you at the point of sale. When switching to another provider and requesting to port your landline number across, your old landline service would automatically be disconnected once the number has ported over to us, but this wouldn't automatically cancel any other services too, e.g broadband and telephone. You would need to contact your existing provider and provide notice to cancel the other services before moving over to us. Can you confirm what you mean when you say your previous provider 'saved' the number for you?

I'm really sorry to hear you've been having some issues with your speeds as well, we would really love to help with this from here. What are your wired speeds like? Are they any better than your wireless speeds?

I appreciate that you said you'd like to raise your complaint independently which is absolutely fine, but I can get that raised on your behalf from here if you'd like over PM?

We cannot book disconnections from here I'm afraid, so if you wish to cancel your services, you would need to either call us on 0345 454 1111 or text us on 0753 305 1809 and our team can get that arrange. Of course we'd love for you to stay, but we certainly can't force you to.

Kind regards

Beth

0 Kudos
DL4
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth,

Thanks for your message. What I meant about the old provider saving the number was that they have said if you approach them for the number they will action the request, but no one has approached them.

How do I use PM please. I’ve raised a complaint but heard nothing. Please can you agree in writing asap that I can leave without penalty etc because I can see this getting lost in the system and having a battle switching over to my new supplier/being billed for 18 months with Virgin. I’ll then be in contact to discuss disconnection date. Thanks

0 Kudos