Menu
D-N-Caxton
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Porting old landline number

We have contacted virgin so many times now to try and port our old virgin number on my husbands old account (his business number) to our new house in my name.

we finally have the landline installed but the engineer said there was no request on the account for the old number port?

how do I try to arrange this again? We have submitted complaints etc but nobody has managed to help us yet? 

My husbands business line is disconnected now potentially losing customers!!

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Porting old landline number

Hi D-N-Caxton,

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the Community Forums, Sorry to hear this has occurred. Just to confirm, are you saying the service is disconnected with originating provider that has the number? We will need this line active to be able to get the number port done for you.

Thakns,

Corey C

0 Kudos
D-N-Caxton
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The number was with virgin media. We asked your teams to set up a telephone line at our new address and port the number but this hasn’t been done yet and the line says the number is not available when we dial the number?

your engineer checked and the number is available? They said it would be ported in 10 days 8 weeks ago?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon D-N-Caxton,

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to see there's been an issue with the porting of the landline from a Virgin Media Business account to a new residential account

I'd like to take a closer look into this to see if we can have this completed for you. I'll need to take some sensitive information from you, so we'll take this to a private arena, via the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a PM from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos