Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Porting old landline number

Can someone advise me about how I can find out when my home landline number from BT will be ported over to Virgin? It's been around 10 days. I requested this when I ordered Virgin. When the engineer came round to install last week, he said that there is no request on my account but said that this is has been a big issue for a lot of Virgin clients at the moment. He did however put in a request manually. How can I find out when this will happen? My Old provider BT cancels on 03/11/2020. I don't wont to be left with a new number from Virgin. Many Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Porting old landline number

if you have a cancelation request on your BT line then number port will fail.

The old number must be active with no disconnection request to be ported. Thats ofcoms rules

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I understand that. However, I ordered Virgin in March and put it the porting request then. Never cancelled BT then. Virgin just said my services will move over and I will be contacted by BT when my services with them were due to end. Had a lot of problems with Virgin. They took 7 months to install my services as my order had been lost and there were various problems with external works etc. 

As my Virgin has now been installed, I received an email from BT stating my services will end with them on 03/11/2020. Although, I haven't outright cancelled with them. So to port my number should be fine. Just a bit worried as Virgin have still not done this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nl55, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

Upon looking into your account through your forums details I can confirm that it is accepted for the 4/11/2020 - so it has 100% been arranged. 

Hope this helps 🙂 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos