Menu
CharlieSmart
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Porting of landline number

Joined VM on 13th June and my old landline number has still not ported, tried many times on online chat and phone To resolve, but getting nowhere, have had many responses ranging from “you didn’t request it”, “ have you contacted your old provider to ask them why”, “we have repeatedly tried but your old provider hasn’t responded” .Told to text a numbers don’t someone will get back to you soon, sent 3 texts 20 days ago - no reply. Tried to raise a complaint but get cut off. Luckily I have screen shots of all this because VM refuse to provide a transcript. What more can I do?

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Porting of landline number

Thanks for the post CharlieSmart and sorry to hear of the complications porting your number over to us. 

Can we please confirm if you kept your line active on the old provider so this could be successfully requested to be ported over? As if this was disconnected the number would go back into your old providers systems to be given out to new customers and we may not be able to port this. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
CharlieSmart
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me Emily.

My line would have been active on the original installation date, but Virgin media changed the installation date. My old number is still not in use - I try ringing it every morning.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

We can try put through another request form following security through private message if you'd like to do this? 

I'll pop you over a private message now just respond to this if you'd like me to do so.

As I said it's not 100% that we can port the number over if the previous line isn't active.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos