Menu
JacquieJones
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Porting number

Virgin cut off my landline early so new provider could not port it. I have been in contact more than 10 times over 6 weeks. 5 different people have promised to rectify the issue and ring me back at a set date and time. I have not heard from anyone in customer services. How on earth can I get this matter resolved. I have now even had a bill for a service I do not have and for an account that closed in August. Will someone please help.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Porting number

When you port landline numbers the correct procedure is to contact your new provider & they handle the entire transfer process. This INCLUDES cancellation of your phone service with your old provider, as if you yourself give notice to your existing provider this will prevent the number from being released.

Getting numbers back if this process is done incorrectly by customers is not usually possible.

VM BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Porting number

Hi JacquieJones

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear of the service issues with the phone number. 

I'll PM you now so I can assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos