cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number to a VoIP provider

SP60
On our wavelength

I currently have VM M350 broadband and a landline. The landline goes from the VM "white" box to the hallway (into an old non-working BT socket. The main telephone base is plugged into this socket.

In other words, the phone is not plugged into the VM Router.

Will this switch to third party VoIP provider effect my BB connection with VM? I realise that there are 3 months left of the VM contract so there might be a penalty charge.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The Broadband would remain active. To cancel, you would need to call into the team via 150/0345 454 1111.

^Martin

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi SP60,

Thank you for your post. 

With regards to the VoIP system. We wouldn't be able to 100% confirm if this will or won't affect your service. As this isn't a service coming from ourselves. 

We do know that we have customers that have VoIP systems and their services work fine. 

I would recommend reading over this community and seeing if any customer have posted about the one you are looking to take out.

^Martin

SP60
On our wavelength

Thanks for that. 

I am not planning to have VoIP service with VM. For other reasons, I need a FTTP service in the house. That FTTP ISP will provide the VoIP service.

My question is will it effect my BB service with VM if I port my current VM phone to that ISP?

My apologies SP60. I'm not aware of any reason why that would be affected. 

^Martin

SP60
On our wavelength

@Martin_N

Would there be penalty charges to port away if I were to continue paying the fixed monthly bill (BB and phone) to VM until the contract expires in a few months?

If you are in contract and cancel your services there would be an early disconnection fee. 

^Martin

SP60
On our wavelength

Thanks Martin_N  If you are in contract and cancel your services there would be an early disconnection fee. 

Appreciate what you said. However, if I have the number ported before the end of the contract BUT continue paying the monthly bill until the end of the contract, will there be early disconnection fee? My monthly bill for BB + phone is fixed (assuming I do not make calls outside the agreed call areas)

If you port the number away that would cancel your landline services. 

^Martin

SP60
On our wavelength

Thanks a lot Martin.

Happy to incur the charge for the landline as long as the BB remains as it is! 

The Broadband would remain active. To cancel, you would need to call into the team via 150/0345 454 1111.

^Martin