Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Porting number to Virgin

Hi

I,like others, are trying to port their landline number to Virgin but am unable to get through to customer services to start the process. I have been on hold for 4 hours over 3 days.

Can anyone advise what is the correct number/department to try to get through to?

Thanks. 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Porting number to Virgin

I feel your pain mate - have a similar issue - 3.5 hours over 2 days and eventually gave up.

Service, sorry non-service regarding the porting issue has been deplorable since I moved over.

They keep handing out "badges" on here, but little by the way of support - very poor service, even had the temerity to send me a survey 

"Thanks for using one of our self-help services. At Virgin Media, we want to give you great customer service so we'd really like to find out how things went for you whether this was using our website, our automated telephone system or the Virgin Media Community page so we can make improvements wherever we can." - damn cheek I never even got through

Anyway good luck - I'm not holding out much hope of having my porting issue resolved to my satisfaction - particularly when I can't even contact them about it 😡 😡

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi richingram64,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear you're having issues with your number port. I can see from checking that since posting you have spoke to the team and all is in the process of being resolved.

Please keep me posted if you need anything further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John.

Hopefully all should be ok through not entirely sure as the person I spoke to could not locate 'Plusnet' on the list of companies.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Were you advised of any timescales? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes. The number would be moved on November 12th

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Great 🙂

Keep us posted if you need anything further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

At the time of writing (9 20pm on the 12th) there is no sign of the original number being ported so I don't hold out much hope for it being transferred.

Is there anything anyone can do or shall I try to get through to customer service? 

Thanks

Richard

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Checked again today on the 13th and the number port has not happened.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi richingram64

I am really sorry you're having issues porting your number from your former provider.  I would like to look in to this further for you.  To do this I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope on the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos