Menu
Lockdown29
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Porting my old number

Been with virgin for 10 days told my number would be ported and given temporary number. received text from virgin twice few days apart asking me to contact and verify details. I did that twice. I rang virgin 7 days ago and was told that the old provider had not answered there request (sky) . I did a chat on line today 45 mins told would look into this and she put me back to welcome to your virtual bot!! 
so still no further forward. 
I was with sky over 20 years and only went to virgin because it was already in the house so bit disappointed so far 

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Porting my old number

Good afternoon @Lockdown29 

A very warm welcome to the forums and thank you so much for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with getting your number ported over to us. 

I have taken a look over your account, from what I have seen the number port was cancelled because the number was not active on your account when we requested to take it from your previous provider. 

Are you able to let me know if you cancelled your sky account? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Lockdown29
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I don’t understand what you mean. 
when I ordered virgin for   my new house move it was prior to me giving notice to sky. Virgin said I could port my old telephone number. 

virgin sent me 2text one on 16th jan one on 27th  asking me to call when i called  on 16th they verified my telephone number and we’re applying to port my number  when I called on 27 th I was told that virgin had made the request but they had no response but would keep trying. 

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lockdown29,

I'm sorry for any confusion, 

The line would need to remain active with your current provider until the port has been completed.

If you can speak with them to reactivate the line we can then look to port in again 🙂

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Lockdown29
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have spoken to Sky and they told me they have no requests from Virgin to port our number. 

The advisor  emailed ‘the top team’ about this issue  she also spoke to there  ‘provision team’ to establish what had happened as it was usual. 
after her speaking and emailing her manager the confirmation is that Virgin have not made any requests to keep our number

on 16 th January I received a text from virgin asking me to verify my details and telephone number I did that on 16 th 

on 27 th on the day of virgin installation the installer gave me a new landline number he knew nothing of the porting of the previous number. On 27th I received a duplicate text same as 16 th text message asking me to confirm details I did that on 27 th virgin told me the they had requested twice virgin have no such request 

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry for any confusion, 

It does confirm things were requested from our side. 

If you can arrange for the number to become active with your previous provider we can try to request again.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Lockdown29
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

This is not correct Virgin have not made that request and you activated my account before you ported, Sky have sent this no to the team who said you have NOT made any request and therefore you are at fault.
The only way to have my number now is for virgin to make contact with BT
I need this resolved
0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

A colleague of mine is looking into this further Lockdown29.

Soon as I have more information I'll get back to you.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

There's a few more details I need from you so I've popped you over a private message.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Lockdown29
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you not received it yer

0 Kudos