Menu
dane3206
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Porting my old home phone number to virgin

Hi can anyone help. Had virgin installed yesterday and they promised I could keep my home number (used as a home business number) and said it would take 24 hours. 24 hours passed and it's still not working we can make calls and the number shows but not receive calls when I ring from my mobile it acts like its dialing but nothing on the handset. Been on hold with helpline for nearly 2 hours he talked abit then he's gone and back on hold. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Porting my old home phone number to virgin

is your old account with the phone number still active without a cancellation order on it?
0 Kudos
dane3206
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thats what I've requested yes I told talktalk we are moving to virgin and we would like to keep the landline.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

if you didn't cancel with talktalk vm should be able to transfer the number.

But its worth noting that by using it for a business you are breaking the residential T&C
0 Kudos
dane3206
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Its literally used as an answer phone service why I am on site I am a sole trader tradesman if that's breaking the rules then that's nuts. The sales rep and engineer new all this and said nothing.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Gray area.

"5. Your phone number and phone line are for private use by you and members of your household only. They must not be used for any activities not reasonably expected of someone using the services for domestic purposes, for example whilst a reasonable amount of working from home is expected, your usage should be within what would be reasonably expected from a residential customer and we have no liability for any business losses you may suffer.  "

C.5
https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#phone

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Dane3206 and welcome to our community.

If you're using the line for a business purpose it may be worth taking out a business account with us. 

You can contact the business team and transfer this over to a business account with them on 0800 052 0800.

If you'd prefer to keep this as residential line, can we please confirm if you let our team know the information so we can request the port? 

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos