Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Porting my landline number from Plusnet to VM - problem

Hi asked for my landline to be ported and this has not been done - eventually worked out we had just been given a random number with no info from VM on this new number until we called out and picked the number up from a mobile. Engineer said he couldn't help. So phone works fine but we still need the old number. Waited on the phone for up to 50 mins several times but no answer - have written to VM but no response. Help?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Porting my landline number from Plusnet to VM - problem

Hi ST456, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

When you initially come over to us, was it arranged for you to keep your old number from your previous supplier? Is your previous package with your old supplier still active? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi - thanks for the response.

I understood from my phone call to set up the VM service, that VM would inform/cancel Plusnet and arrange directly with them for the transfer of the phone number. That was what I was told.

I have now written to Plusnet and cancelled the service as they appear not to have been informed and I have been paying 2 bills.

So, yes, for me it was an important condition of the transfer to VM that the landline number would be 'seamlessly' transferred, and that was agreed explicitly in my first conversation with VM.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

if you still want the old number transferred you can't cancel it or have a cancellation on the TT phone line. If you do the number port will fail and you will lose the number once canelled

you need to contact VM again and get them to port the number if you still want to keep it

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Just to confirm - is the old line with Plusnet cancelled already? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I wrote to Plusnet only yesterday to cancel and asked them very clearly to provide details of how the landline number could be transferred - I believe they should provide a code, if they have not been contacted direct by VM. I am assuming that VM have not done anything they said they would... so the contract will only be cancelled when Plusnet open and read the letter (which in any case asks for the landline to be transferred).

So, I assume VM still have time to contact Plusnet direct...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It's also worth noting that on 3/11/20, I wrote to VM (posted letter) asking them once again to contact Plusnet, to get the line transferred and to cancel the Plusnet contract. So VM have been asked to do this in writing, well before the Plusnet contract was cancelled...

Its all just so frustrating that despite best efforts to do things the right way, the necessary actions just dont take place.

PS there was no reply to the posted letter, even by email (which was provided in the letter).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It should have been raised at the start, and I apologise it hasn't. 

I will send you over a private message so I can look into this for you. 

Cheers. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

My pleasure mate. 

All updated for you 🙂 

Cheers. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Not a problem at all! Thank you for your words. 

Keep safe 🙂 

Cheers. 

0 Kudos