Menu
Chezmoi30p
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Porting live BT Home Landline to existing VM account

Good Morning!

Hoping someone can help or advise me how to port my existing BT Landline number (which is still live but now out of contract) to my existing Virgin Media Account, which I thought would have been a relatively simple task. I've tried texting +447533051809 and "spoke" to the "new bot" but unfortunately got nowhere very fast as I was asked about STAC or PAC (whatever they may be!). I was then put though to a "real" person who advised me to contact the above number, so naturally I began to feel it wasn't going to be my day 😂. Hence my plea for help to the Community. I see several others have had success using this approach, so my fingers are well and truly crossed! Presumably it's just a flick of a switch to replace my existing VM number with my existing BT number?

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Porting live BT Home Landline to existing VM account

Hi there @Chezmoi30p

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - sorry that you're having some issues with porting your number over to us from your old provider. 

PAC/STACs are only when porting a mobile number from one provider to another - this is not needed for landline number ports. All we request is that the number is still active with your original provider and does not have any disconnection requests logged on it or the port will fail. 

I have located your cable account from your forum information and we'd be happy to process your number port for you. It can take between 10-14 days for the number port to be completed if accepted by your old provider. You may also loose services briefly on the day of the port. 

I'll pop you a Private Message so we can go through security with you and get the Port started. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks so much for your Private Messages @Chezmoi30p

Your request has all been submitted and I have advised of the transfer dates via the PM reply - Please don't hesitate to get back in touch if you need any updates or have any further queries or questions!

Have a good week and stay safe

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Chezmoi30p
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie

Thanks very much indeed for sorting all this out for me. It's been a real headache finding all the hoops to jump through, but now I've experienced how good the response of the Community Team is, I shall have no hesitation in making use of the Forum again when needed, and recommending it to others. Seems far better than a web chat or even the phone, as Qs & As can be researched properly before submitting.

Just one more question! Once the number port has been completed successfully, do I need to contact BT to ensure my monthly DD for line rental and calls with them is stopped? Or is this all part of the VM service? 

Cheers

Chezmoi30P

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much for your kind words @Chezmoi30p - it means a lot to the rest of the team an I 🙂 

Once the port has gone though, this will cancel your account with your old provider. Usually they'll contact you with a final bill (if needed) and any other advise about your account that may be relevant to them.

Some providers will also contact the customer once they have received the port request from us to confirm with you that you are wanting to take your number away from them; if that's the case, you can double check any billing or contract queries with them. 

Any concerns about your account or port you know where to find us! Have a good week and stay safe

Cheers 🙂 

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos