Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Porting landline to virgine media when it will complete? don't want to miss any call on home no.

I am expecting few calls from hospital and don't know when I should plug my landline handset to virgin because I have only one handset and can't keep checking all the time. I tried to call Customer service and online chat but no success at all. Get fed-up and frustrated. Also can’t afford two telephone line rental and not able to use that.  Current supplier emailed me even after 2 weeks Virgin did not ask them they want to port my landline 

can any one help please 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Porting landline to virgine media when it will complete? don't want to miss any call on home no.

Hi Harry2015,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, welcome to virgin.

When porting a number to us the phone line which hold the number currently will stop working once the port has been completed, I would advise to keep checking this, once this goes off the number will be on our line so you will then need to swap sockets.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Porting landline to virgine media when it will complete? don't want to miss any call on home no.

Hi Paul thanks for your reply but I am working from home and don't have time to lift handset and check it out every hr or every few hr.

As per virgin team it should done with in day but since 21-7-20 to now it's not done and no one available to speak. Yesterday after go through all automatived telephone system APPROX AFTER 40 MINITES able to speak to REAL LIVE PERSON he checked it out and then put me again to begaining no. so wasted my hr and still no change. When anyone wish to join virgin customer service answer straight away but after that no luck. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Harry,

When a port request is added it can take up to 190 days to go through as iyt is requested by ourselves then processed by the other company, 

So I can help further and check to make sure the port request is showing on your account I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos