Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Porting landline number into Virgin

Hi,

I had Virgin installed in November last year (broadband and phone line). Services prior to that with Sky. The Virgin installer did a neat job, but seemed to want to get away asap - so when I asked him about porting existing number he said to sort when I was ready with customer services, did not even write down the new Virgin number - found it in My Bills online.

I must admit i have let this drag on a bit as I wanted to make sure all was working OK - my Sky services are currently live and active but I would now like to port my existing number from Sky to Virgin, and cancel landline & broadband with Sky (keep Sky TV though).

Can forum mods help with this ? They seem to have for others. Unfortunately telephone support is not a good experience and the text message service seems very hit or miss.

Thanks in advance. Regards, Jon.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Porting landline number into Virgin

The first thing to do is contact Virgin & arrange the number port. Most importantly do not cancel your Sky landline. Giving notice to your old provider is not necessary & could hinder the process of porting your number. On the day the number is ported your services & payments to Sky (for services that are dependent on the landline) will cease.

Just to point out if you have SkyQ some of the perks that you get by using Sky Broadband will cease (like using the SkyQ box & minis as WiFi hotspots). 

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for reply - the "first thing to do is to contact Virgin" bit is the problem at least for me. Their recommended way (according to website) for fastest response is their text message service. I have used this previously and it seems to take forever with 30+ replies and individual txts to my last question. Also sometimes takes days to get replies (at least for me).

I have also called into customer services - both times they ignored my specific instructions related to the installation, and laid the cable exactly where it should not have gone - through the middle of the lawn which was about to be dug up and removed. Then took another age to explain what was wrong, get supervisor involved and eventually get some out - who was not part of the dig team and was very surprised to hear the cable needed to be moved. Said customer service on phone did not record any information about moving a cable (which was the whole point).

I have noticed on these forums the mods have PMed individuals and appear to sort out requests quickly and painlessly. So hoping a mod will contact me and help.

Thanks for taking time to reply.

Jon.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi jon9957,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Apologies for the delay in getting your number port sorted. I'll PM you now to get some details and arrange for this to happen 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for joining me on PM @jon9957

That number port has all been arranged now for the date we discussed.

Have a lovely evening and drop me a line if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help John - appreciated, and hopefully all goes smoothly 🙂

-Jon.

0 Kudos