Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Porting landline number from sky to VM

My son joined VM for the fast broadband speeds and also requested to port the landline number 10th July. I phoned sky next day to cancel broadband and was told to make sure I asked for the landline number to be ported, which had already been done. Today my sky landline has been disconnected and I have a new telephone number from VM, this will cause unbelievable confusion with doctors, hospitals, and other major people who need to contact me. My son contacted VM today who say it will be ported over on 6th August. It seems to me they have only just put in the the request.                               Can the number still be ported over when the disconnection has already Happened. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Porting landline number from sky to VM

Thanks for the post Fraustrated and welcome to our community.

The Sky landline would have needed to stay active while the number ported over, did Sky disconnect this along with the other services instead of keeping this active for us to port the number over? The Virgin Media line would go active with a temporary number until the port was completed although if the old line is now inactive the number may have gone back into their system to be given to another of their customers. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

HI Emily

Thank you for replying to my question.

The sky telephone line was active until the 27th July and we did not have any communication regarding a  ....temporary number, it was only when sky disconnected the telephone and we set up the telephone on virgin we realised our number had changed. When my son ordered the package he asked for the number to be ported and for a calls bundle included, the calls bundle was not included and he had to telephone to rectify this also.

The number I want ported is originally a BT number and I believe sky will release this number back to BT and Virgin media can then request it to be ported to them.

Any assistance you may be able to give will be greatly appreciated as I have had this number for around 40 years and all my consultants, doctors and friends only know this contact number. 

I will be happy to supply any further information you require.

Regards 

Frustrated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fraustrated,

Thanks for getting back to us, we do require the line to be active in order to port it. 

I've sent you a private message so I can get a few more details from you (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

however I must set the expectation that we won't be able to get back this number.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos