Menu
pjskipper
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Porting landline from Plusnet to Virgin

can someone tell me how long it takes for this to happen. I had Virgin B/B and a temporary land line number on 16 June. I know virgin requested the port because I saw the engineer do it. Over a week later I still have the Plusnet number active as well as the temporary virgin number. Plusnet are next to useless when I contact them for answers.

0 Kudos
pjskipper
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Porting landline from Plusnet to Virgin

Further info, just been in contact with Plusnet who have told me they havnt received the request from Virgin. Who can I contact at Virgins end.

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi @pjskipper

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding porting your landline from Plusnet to Virgin.

I have taken a look at your account and can confirm that the number ported over to us yesterday 🙂

The number was with Plusnet but they are a reseller of BT, so we only have to approach BT to port the number over to us, it's then up to BT to advise Plusnet of the port. This is why Plusnet have not received a request from us.

Please can you try calling your mobile from your landline to check that it's now working with your ported number.

Best wishes,

Serena

0 Kudos
pjskipper
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I've checked and it seems to transfered. My old number is now being picked up on the Virgin line. What threw me was I was still getting a dial tone on the BT Socket but it now wont connect any calls.

Thanks for the help

0 Kudos