Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Porting issue

I have ported my existing number from Sky to Vodafone. However this has only partially ported and I cannot receive Sky calls from friends and relatives although I can call other numbers. Openreach have checked our line three times - the last engineed identified that Sky had 'ceased the number back to Range holder (Virgin Media)' He then generated a manual order to Virgin Media to fix the problem but I dont know if Virgin acted on this. My phone is still partially ported and Sky state that they have passed information on to port number from thier end. Can anyone form Virgin help me with this issue? I have a reference number for the request.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Porting issue

Hello

As the number was with Sky and you have ported to Vodafone, then it would have to be Vodafone who need to do the follow up with Sky. Has the number ever been with Virginmedia ?

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike - thanks - yes the number was a Virgin number prior to Sky and now being ported to Vodafone - but engineer has identified that it had been sent onto Virgin Media. Vodafone have organised three engineer checks but state thay cant do anything further at present.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

I have escalated to the VM forum team, one of the VM staff will be along in this thread to resolve it for you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks very much for your help Mike- much appreciated 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post stephenstephen, and a very warm welcome to our Community Forums...even though you've left us haha!

I'd be happy to take a look into this for you, check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for me and I'll seek to investigate this

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for offering to help David