cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting in old landline number

DirkG67
Joining in

Hi

When we joined Virgin a couple of weeks ago (installed this week), we were not offered the option to keep our existing landline number. However it appears this should be possible. 

Can anyone let me know what the process is?

Cheers
John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi DirkG67,

Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for your first post.

As Client62 has correctly advised, you will need to ensure that your landline service is still active with your previous provider. If that's the case, we will be able to request a port for you from here.

I've reached out to you over private message so I can take your details.

You can find my message over at the purple envelope

Beth

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Client62
Legend

If this was not done as part of the sign up with VM - do not cancel the old number until it is ported to VM.

If the old number is cancelled it may be lost.

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi DirkG67,

Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for your first post.

As Client62 has correctly advised, you will need to ensure that your landline service is still active with your previous provider. If that's the case, we will be able to request a port for you from here.

I've reached out to you over private message so I can take your details.

You can find my message over at the purple envelope

Beth

Can you help me with this also? 
My BT account is still active. 

Hi @tec68

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear you're experiencing some problems with your landline service. Would you mind expanding on what it is you need our help with exactly?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I just want to get my old BT phone number ported to my new Virgin services 

Hi @tec68

Thanks for expanding on the situation and clarifying. Is your landline service with your previous provider still active or has that now been disconnected?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

It’s still active. Thanks 

Hi @tec68

Thank you for confirming. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so we can take a closer look at what's going on. Please respond to this when you can and we'll go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team