Menu
Simandel
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Porting failure

Unfortunately the porting process has failed. Virgin have informed me that my number is no longer active as Sky cancelled my phone on 5th May. I requested this service on my original order and again via phone during self install on 10th April. At this my phone number was still active with Sky. I have been informed that a number, even if no longer active, can still be ported for to 5 days after the original date. Can someone please urgently advise

0 Kudos
vtamman1
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Porting failure

had the same problem myself - the porting process is so very flaky doing it the VM way - there's no documentation confirming your port request was seen or accepted . the only reference is in the installation booklet which states it can take up to 10 days - which of course then negates the chances of fixing it if they have screwed up - I'm living with my 90 year old mother who is very scared now because of the virus and isolation requirements. the loss of her number means the health surgery and prescription services are now blind to her new number - not to mention concerned friends and family.
Lisa_CC
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Simandel, welcome to our Community Forum 🙂 I've had a look at your details and can confirm that your imported number is on there. Is there a different number you're querying or the same number? I've line tested the number on our switch and everything looks okay and imported correctly.

Hi vtamman1, welcome to our Community Forum also and sorry to hear that you've had to post on here about your porting query. Can I ask whether the number you wish to port over is still active with the current Provider? I ask because we can only port active lines. We always install with a Virgin Media number and if you've advised us about a port, it will be added on once you've installed. The time period to port the number over is due to Industry guidelines as we need to perform security and technical checks with the other provider. Regarding the Virgin Media number that was installed, are you able to log into your online account to view the landline number?

Thanks,

Lisa

Simandel
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa, my mum's a new customer and it's her number that hasn't been ported over.  She is in her 70's and lives alone and has underlying medical problems so needs her old number as it's the contact that everyone has for her

vtamman1
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa,

the original line was  active for 4  days following my  quickstart  install.  the porting was never  actioned. I know the new  VM number  but how does that  help my 90 year old mother? 

0 Kudos