Menu
Neil-H20
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Porting a phone number to an existing Virgin Account

Hi,

I have Virgin Broadband and with that 'landline' number which I never use, but was part of the package   When I originally signed up to Virgin, I had an option to port and existing BT number, which at the time I didn't take, however I would now like to do so.  So my question is can this be done now and if so how as I cannot see any option for it on my account and nor does there appear to be any Helpdesk number I can contact to speak to someone about it.

Very grateful for any assistance given.

Regards

Neil

0 Kudos
Yakidd91
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Porting a phone number to an existing Virgin Account

Do you still have the BT line in service? Not sure if its possible without. Do let me know!

You can call customer services on 03454541111

0 Kudos
Neil-H20
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Yakidd91,

Yes the BT number is still in service.  

Thanks for the customer service number, I’ll give them a shout.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Neil-H20,

Thanks for using the forums to get this question with porting your number looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to give you some advice about this. 

If you are still paying for the BT phoneline and the number you want porting across to us is still active, then yes it can be done 🙂

If you cancelled your BT phoneline when you signed up to our services, then it cannot be done unfortunately as the line needs to be active for that to happen.

Are you still paying for BT line as well as a Virgin line?

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Neil-H20
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Megan

Yes, the number is still live on a BT line.  

However, there is a rather strange back story, the number has been around for many years as a BT number, about a decade ago it was moved to Sky as part of their TV/Broadband package, however this was with the line rental always remaining with BT.   Last year we decided to leave Sky and placed the broadband with yourself.  The calls were reverted to BT, however after a month of being with BT,  Sky moved them back to them again, when we realised this, we then moved them back to BT, which again went normally, but yet again I find they have now moved back to Sky, I have no idea why this is occurring, we are not in any contract with Sky and I no longer even have an active login to their account portal.

It seems it would actually make most sense to port the number to you and then remove the BT line altogether.

Can this be done and might there be a problem with Sky taking them back again?

Regards

Neil

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hiya Neil-H20, 

Wowza, that is a strange sequence of events haha! 

I think I'd like to do a bit more digging before I give you any concrete answers if you don't mind, I'm going to send you a PM asking for some specific information about it. 

I'll get back to you once I know more about what's happening in the background. 

Speak soon!

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos