cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting a landline from PlusNet to Virgin

acsloper
Tuning in

I asked customer services to start the process of porting my landline from PlusNet to Virgin, but the representative told me the Plusnet is not on the list of companies that numbers can be ported from. Why is that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like usual VM offshore garbage. 

VM forum team should be able to help facilitate this 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Transfer-Plusnet-landline-to-my-virgin-account/td...

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there acsloper,

Welcome to the community.

Can I ask is the landline with Plusnet on a VOIP network or through a landline?

Let us know,

Kain

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like usual VM offshore garbage. 

VM forum team should be able to help facilitate this 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Transfer-Plusnet-landline-to-my-virgin-account/td...

It's a landline (i.e. not VOIP)

Thank you - I will see where that takes me!

Hi @acsloper,

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I do apologise for any confusion caused reference your number port request. 

I'd love to take a closer look into this for you so will pop you a PM now to confirm some more details and we can take it from there 🙂

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope icon in the top right hand corner of your page for my message.

Cheers

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you - I will look out for your message

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @acsloper,

Thanks for your time via PM and for confirming the requested info!

I've now submitted the port request for you 🙂

It's scheduled for 2nd July but can take up to 14 calendar days. 

Keep us posted!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

LenOLondon
On our wavelength

Plusnet is a 100% BT owned company, and Plusnet staff about 18 months ago had all their contracts changed to BT terms

I was on Plusnet for just over a year when Virgin Media would not negotiate a fairer contract, but soon came back when Plusnet's maintenance of their TV services was left to be out of service for 3 weeks over Christmas.

When I came back to Virgin Media I took a fresh new Virgin issued phone number, and for a few reasons.

1. If I was to move over 2 miles away although still in the same dialling with a number issued by Plusnet, I would only be able to transfer that number in the immediate local BT area. With Virgin Media lines numbers can be transfered on Virgins Network almost anywhere with the same dialling code region.

2. I did not want BT or it's other trading names to know my number, so not to get pestering phones calls about any so called offer they might have.

3 If you want your phone handset away from your modem, especially if you have dumped another company, then go to the disused BT / Openreach box, and disconnect the cable going away from the box. Make sure none of the wires are touching each other. Then get a double ended lead with phone plugs on each end. Then plug one end in your modem in lieu of your phone handset, and plug the other end where your old BT or whoever's modem was plugged in, then your Virgin Media digital phone line will be all around where ever you had sockets installed in your home.

Good luck with your Virgin Media phone line ...... all other firms going through Openreach lines are going digital soon. ...... Your are miles better with Virgin Media O2

Thank you!