Menu
KyotoRevolver
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Porting VM to VM Telephone Number

I recently had an installation completed (after approx. three months) and have set up for a telephone number (i.e. a landline telephone number) on the Talk Weekends package.

However, I would prefer to retain my prior landline telephone number that is linked to a separate account relating to the property I have moved from. This is / was also on Virgin Media's Talk Weekends package, so it is a Virgin Media to Virgin Media porting that I am trying to achieve.

I did not utilise the "Moving Home" service as I required services in the two properties prior to finally transitioning to the new property (also given the delays with my installation, this was probably the most prudent approach).

Is this procedure possible and could this be actioned? The telephone assistance available at 0345 454 1111 transfers me from department to department with each being unaware of what the prior department has said to me so it would be preferable to have one consistent message on this.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Porting VM to VM Telephone Number

you can't port a number on the same provider. you will need to contact cs to see if they can arrange this
0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Porting VM to VM Telephone Number

Hi KyotoRevolver, 

Sorry there's been some issues keeping your previous number, as advised you wouldn't be able to port it on to the new account but we can see what can be done about transferring it to the new account. 

What I'll need to do is pop you a personal message and grab some more details and take it from there. 

I look forward to hearing back from you soon. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos