Menu
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Porting TalkTalk Landline number to Virgin

I have my new broadband and home phone line up and running but I'm not sure what Virgin are doing about porting my old landline number. The contract confirmation email makes no mention of it.

The Virgin Media ( Ireland ) has a form on their website which allows you to request a transfer but there is nothing similar on the UK website.
https://www.virginmedia.ie/customer-support/installation/homephone/transfer-number/ 

I'm left in the air wondering if the old number will be transferred or not. Is there any way of checking ?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Porting TalkTalk Landline number to Virgin

Did you ask VM to port when you signed up?. If you did it should happen. Can take up to 10 days. If you didn't ask it will be too late to do so when the TT line closes. So you'd better get a move on and phone VM. It might be already too late.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I can't remember if I asked for the port at the time or ordering for certain, and there is no way to check.
I think I asked ...

TalkTalk's website is equally vague with information and you can't really get any answers there either.

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Read what I said please. I set out the rules and position clearly. If you can't be sure contact VM now unless your TT line has closed, if so it is too late and the old number is lost. It is nothing to do with TalkTalk.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Almo1950, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

@HowardML - thank you also for helping out here with the information. 

The port is always requested by yourself, the only person that would have the information needed to give to the team would be you or the person who set up the account with ourselves. As you can appreciate we can't assume that every customer would be porting over a number and then also being able to get that information without being told so. There would still be time to raise the port if your previous line is still active - is that the case? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

So what is the contact point at Virgin Media where I  can get someone to answer my question ?
Please post the link if you actually know one.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm not sure what you're referring to? If you're asking is there a way to check - then yes, with me - is there a form, no. 

We're not here to be unhelpful - just to make that clear. 

Is your account with Talk Talk still active? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk