cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Phone Landline number.

Vincent46
Joining in

I have got a new service provider in for internet and landline,

I requested to have my number moved to my new provider, and all seemed well, had a email to say this would be done on the 26th of October.  Just phoned up as i have just had a bill through for £123.34, but I have paid my last bill that they requested.

Have been told they have turned down the request for my number to be moved over. Phoned new provider and they have had to put in a new request.

so a few questions.

1, Virgin why have you declined this request

2, why have you now sent me another bill (when I have paid my last bill)

3, why was there no contact to tell me that you had declined it.

you seem quick enough to take my money, and phone me trying to get me to stay. I listened to all your offers but you could not come close to my new contract (no problem it happens), but you could try and make the move easier. Seems more like you are just trying to keep me at inflated costs.

I made sure to give my notice and make sure there was enough over lap of providers to make it easy.

I need this sorted ASAP

4 REPLIES 4

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Vincent46,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Sincere apologies for the issues with the landline being ported, can I just clarify on the billing matter, was the account due to be closed on the 26th?

Also when was the original request sent?

Let us know,

Kain

No, Account is due to be closed on the 9th of november, was tole my very last bill would be £25.12 and have paid this.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for coming back to us Vincent46.

1.Virgin why have you declined this request

We would have advised, your new provide of the reason the request was rejected, they should be advising you on this.

2, why have you now sent me another bill (when I have paid my last bill)

You would have continued to be billed if your landline hadn't been ported to your new provider, which would mean that your landline is still in service with us and you will continue to be billed.

3, why was there no contact to tell me that you had declined it.

Your new service provider, should be informing you of the order being rejected, its the obligation of the provider that you are taking your number to get in touch with you about any problems with number port order.

However,  I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

OK, my new provider said that it was because, virgin said it was multiple line.

What does this mean?

They also said it was signed as vodafone?

never been with vodafone, so not sure what this is about.