Menu
kakintolu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Porting Number Help

Hello.

I recently signed up with Virgin Media. I requested to port my old landline number from Plusnet  over during the online sign up process.

The Virgin Engineer provisioned the service line with a new number, when I asked why, he said I should call customer service.

I have called 3 times now over the last 6 weeks, each time they say it will be ported over within 7 to 10 days and then nothing happens, I called today and was on the phone over 2 hours with 40min wait times, just keep being tossed from Customer service to Retention team to Portal team. 

Please help anything you can do to get my old number back

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Porting Number Help

Hi there @kakintolu

Welcome to our Community and thank you so much for your first post. I am sorry to understand that there has been some issues with porting your number from you old provider. 

In order to bring your number to us, the number must remain active with your old provider for the whole duration until we take it; this means it can't have any pending disconnection requests or have been disconnected already. 

If your number has been disconnected prior to being ported to us, you would need to contact your old provided to re-activate the line. Once it is active, we can the request the number for you. 

Hope that helps. 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
kakintolu
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie,

Thanks for your response. I have spoken to my old provider and they have kindly agreed to activate my old line. I will let you know once it is active.

Kind Regards

Kola

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Please do Kola. Once it's fully up and running, let us know so we can send the Port Request to them.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos