cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Number FROM Virgin Media to Sipgate Questions

BG_
Joining in

Hi I am trying to port my landline number from Virgin Media to Sipgate.

From my understanding, when the number is ported the contract gets cancelled. The issue is: I have already cancelled my contract (which consists of Broadband, Landline and a SIM) and have made a new contract with Virgin for just Broadband that begins on June 5th. My landline will not be disconnected until this date as well.

Is anyone from the Virgin Media forum team able to answer these questions please because the phone and text message customer support has been less than helpful and is starting to make me reconsider renewing:

1. Will my porting request still go through despite the fact that I have already cancelled the contract instead of Sipgate?

2. If the porting request goes through. Will my original cancellation date and contract renewal still stand? I want everything to go on as normal (i.e. the old contract to be cancelled on June 5th and the new contract to start as normal on June 5th).

3. I understand that my phone line will stop when the number is ported but will my broadband still work? (I assume it will because it is Fibre but I just want a confirmation).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @BG_,

Welcome to our Community Forum! Thank you so much for your first post!

Thank you for your landline enquiry. Please take a look below for an answer to your questions:

1. The phone number will only go through if Sipgate have sent us (Virgin Media) a port order, and the order is accepted while the landline is active.
  2. The Port only cancels the telephone service, not the account/ contract.
  3. Yes. Your broadband and other services apart from your landline will work.

Please contact your new landline provider to ensure that they have contacted us about a port order to have your landline number moved over. This has to be done before your disconnection date.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help. 🙂

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @BG_,

Welcome to our Community Forum! Thank you so much for your first post!

Thank you for your landline enquiry. Please take a look below for an answer to your questions:

1. The phone number will only go through if Sipgate have sent us (Virgin Media) a port order, and the order is accepted while the landline is active.
  2. The Port only cancels the telephone service, not the account/ contract.
  3. Yes. Your broadband and other services apart from your landline will work.

Please contact your new landline provider to ensure that they have contacted us about a port order to have your landline number moved over. This has to be done before your disconnection date.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help. 🙂

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Thank you

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @BG_,

Not a problem! 

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with. We're more than happy to help.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team