Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Porting Landline number from BT

Hi, looking for some help. I organised my 93yr old Uncle's sign up to Virgin from BT. It was installed yesterday and I asked if his number was now transferred but he said I had to contact BT and request to 'port his number'. I called BT but they said Virgin needs to send a request to them. I am quite anxious about this as he needs to keep his existing number for relatives, hospital, doctor, clinics etc. Also, he has a home care alarm fitted to his phoneline. As I said, he is 93 and this is very worrying for him and myself. He is also still paying BT on top of his Virgin bill. Please, can anyone help with this.

Many thanks,

Kenny

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Porting Landline number from BT

You must call Virgin to request the number from BT, its dissapointing the Installer did not call the number port team for you

I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Kenny26 and welcome to our community.

The care pendant attached to the phone line will still work on the number on there for now, the number port would need to be requested and the number would need to stay active on the BT line until this goes through as if not there's a chance the number will be redistributed on a BT line before we can complete this. 

Do you have power of attorney on the account? As without this we'd need the account holder to request this.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily, yes I have power over his account. Can you inform me how I get his number ported over from BT, thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No problem, if this is noted on the account I'll pop you over a private message to pass security and request this. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos