cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting BT telephone number - number in wife surname which is different to mine!

December2020
Tuning in

Hi,

In anticipation of a possible problem I thought it best to get some information from the community.

Our BT telephone line number (which we have had for 37 years) is held by my wife whose surname is different from mine - and I have the virgin media account.

We do not want to lose our existing BT number.

So does anyone, ideally working for virgin media, know if this will be a problem???

One option is to change the name on the BT account fierst but this may then end up with us having a new account which migth restruct us porting to virgin media.

Thank you in anticipation

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey December2020,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

That will not be a problem if the two account are in separate names, account names are not checked as part of the number port order validation process.

Please leave your BT account active and we will be able to get the line ported over without any issues.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey December2020,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

That will not be a problem if the two account are in separate names, account names are not checked as part of the number port order validation process.

Please leave your BT account active and we will be able to get the line ported over without any issues.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Thank you Steve_L, that is very useful information.

Best regards

Stephen

Hi Stephen, 

We're glad the advice from Steve was helpful and put your mind at ease. 

If you have any further issues, please pop back and let us know. 

Take care and enjoy your weekend. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs