Menu
Almu111
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Port phone number

I have just had virgin media installed and was told by the sales rep on my door that I didn't need to cancel with sky (I am out of minimum contract) all I had to do was give my landline number to the engineer and they will transfer everything over for me.

The engineer has just told me that he cannot do this and is unsure why the sales rep has said this. Can someone clarify what to do as I don't want to be paying for 2 different broadband providers.

Thanks Almu111

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Port phone number

Hi Almu111 thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry for any confusion around the cancellation of your original services.  We can only cancel your telephone service by transferring your original telephone number across to ourselves.  Known as a number port.  Are SKY continuing to bill you for TV and Broadband?

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Almu111
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Lee_R.

I have spoken to one of the advisors over the phone and it appears I have been a victim of misselling by your sales rep....

She confirmed that I can't be ported over as it needs to be requested 10 days prior to install. Despite me asking about 5 times "do I need to cancel with sky?" and being told no it's as simple as filling a form in on a phone and will be done within 2 days.

Not a great start to Virgin Media

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I am really sorry to hear this Almu111

Are your services still all active with Sky?  Do you wish to bring your number across to us?

Regards

Lee

0 Kudos
Almu111
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Not much point might as well keep the number virgin have given me. I don't have a landline phone but it came as a bundle and I needed the landline for sky).

My main issues are:

1. I'm now paying for two broadband/phone providers.

2. The virgin media rep has lied to me, several times just to make a sale.

3. I can't put in a complaint about him because you don't keep a record of who did it.

4. The rep will continue to mis sell to others if no one can complain about his tactics.

Thanks almu111

P.s. the lady I spoke to on the phone was very apologetic and I could tell even she was frustrated by the situation.

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry Almu111.  First thing first, have you now given notice to Sky?

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Almu111
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Yes I have just got off the phone to them

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming Almu111

I am going to send you a private message.  As I would like to take a look into things on your behalf.

Regards

Lee

0 Kudos