Menu
Highlighted
efpk1959
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Port phone number

I moved house last Wednesday and asked for my landline number to be ported to my new address, l was told this would be done when I moved.  When the installer came he said we would have a temporary number, but ring 150 to check.  Phoned Virgin and was told it would take 48 hours. Rang again and was told someone would call back, they didn’t.  Have just rang again and been told it I will get my number back within 72 hours.

When I previously moved we had our ported phone number on day of installation.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Port phone number

Hi efpk1959,

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to see that you've been having issues with porting your number over from a previous supplier.

Just to help me out a little, would you be able to tell me if this is from a Virgin Media account to a new Virgin account, or were you supplied by a different provider at your previous address? Are both of these lines still are open?

What we will do it make sure the installation is complete with a virgin number and then after this has been completed we will issue a request for a port, has your installation been completed in full?

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
efpk1959
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello 

Thanks for the reply.

We had Virgin Media at our old address, so I thought it would be straightforward to take our phone number with us.

I have just checked and our old number is back on this morning.

Thank You

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response and I'm pleased to hear that we've managed to resolve this issue.

Sorry for any inconvenience this caused you.

Any further issues feel free to get back to us and we'll look further into it for you,

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos