Menu
Madhibbie
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Port old number

Hi 

I have just joined Virgin today, I thought that I would have kept my old number can anyone help me port my old landline number from TalkTalk please

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Port old number

Hello

Is your TalkTalk phone still activate, as if it isn't then I am afraid that you cannot port the number, as per the rules set by Ofcom both numbers have to be activate to be able to port the number, also if the TalkTalk account has a work order to cancel then TalkTalk will actively refuse the port.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Madhibbie
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike, It’s still active as I am still paying it till the 20th 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Is it due to be cancelled on the 20th if there is a cancellation order on the account then  TalkTalk will refuse the port.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Madhibbie,

Thank for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we can arrange for the port however it can take up to 10 days I advise speaking to Talk Talk and extend the disconnection as advised by DJ_Shadow1966 if it disconnects before we get chance to request the number we may not be able to get it for you.

Once you have spoken to them we can then raise the port order, us taking the number actually closes the account.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos