Menu
ronmacq
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Port number before I close VM account

I'm looking to move to a new broadband and phone provider and port my landline number away from VM, but I don't want to cancel my account or services with VM until the new phone and broadband are set up with the new provider. I might not give VM their 30 days notice until after a week or so of the new service just to be sure that there are no issues.

Will VM take the request to port the number away from them as me closing my account? Will they release the number without a notice to quit the contract? I appreciate that I'll be paying for a phone service that I can't use. Has anyone done this? Is there anything I need to do or watch out for?

This will be at the same address. It seems fairly reasonable thing to do but I can't get a straight answer from support of either the new provider or VM.

Thanks

Ronnie

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Port number before I close VM account

Good morning @ronmacq 

I am sorry to hear that you are looking to leave us. 

As long as your VM account stays open, you are able to port your number to your new provider.  

However, in taking the number from virgin media, it would act as though you are cancelling your landline, therefor you would likely lose your discount on your package. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

0 Kudos
ronmacq
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Port number before I close VM account

Thanks @Zac_M

0 Kudos