Menu
Twizz
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Port landline number

Hi. New customer here. Had virgin media broadband and phone line installed today and was told that I need to contact virgin media so they can put my landline number from Sky. This needs to be done today as I was informed it would take them 10 days to port my number across and my sky landline will end on the 18th of December. Can’t get through on live chat or on the phone lines. Could somebody please help with what I’m supposed to do

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Port landline number

Hello

First of all both lines have to be active and there must be no cancellation order on the line that you are porting from i.e. Sky you need to contact SKY to stop the cancellation of the line as defined by Ofcom, when VM request the port and it is completed by Sky then the line will be cancelled as well as the contract with Sky. This process can take up to 10 days to complete the port.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Port landline number

Hey and welcome to the community @Twizz

Sorry to hear that your number port hasn't yet been arranged yet, I have just looked into your account and can see two minutes ago that a number port order was sent over to Sky.

The number port team will be in touch, if there are any further issues. Have you been advised of a porting date by the team?

Any porting order will override any disconnection order on your account as long as it is put in before the disconnection date.

Regards

Steven_L