Menu
Mubzy01
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Port landline number

I recently took over from my father and set up a new account in my name I specifically advised I would like our existing number porting over on my new account. When the account got switched over my old number was not ported over and I was given a new phone number. After numerous call I managed to get my existing number ported over only to my surprise I could receive any calls but could make phone calls. After numerous calls an engineer was book to come out today only for the engineer to advise he has changed my phone number temporarily so that I can receive phone calls. Well what difference is that going to make no one has that number and why the number was changed without my consent is beyond me clearly a lazy engineer. I rang straight after to VM and advised I did not want the temporary number and I just want them to rectify the issues with calls not being received. The lady over the phone assured me my number would remain the same and the issue with not receiving calls will be resolved by Friday. To my surprise the router rebooted it self and yet again to my landline number has changed. Please is there anybody who is competent enough to just port my number over correctly and have me up and running. I have been without the phone for over a week it is absolutely ridiculous. I have elderly parents which I care for and I desperately need my old number as doctors, hospital and the carers call on regularly. Please please can someone help me to resolve this issue. The number was originally with virgin it is a BT number. I have also spoken to BT who have advised it is straight forward the number is currently in quarantine and Virgin just need to request the number.

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Port landline number

Hi Mubzy01, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about this. I will private message you so we can look into this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos