cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port home phone from TalkTalk full fibre

CX999
Joining in

Cutting a very long story short: I've been trying to get my home phone number moved from TalkTalk full fibre (so VOIP) to Virgin since end of September. 

The account with TalkTalk is currently still active. Three port attempts have failed, many calls to both sides, escalated within TalkTalk and, most recent information stated by TalkTalk on last two calls is that it is not possible to move from TalkTalk VOIP to Virgin, can this really be the case ?

Any help would really be appreciated as having to explain the same story over and over to both sides has become extremely frustrating and TalkTalk will inevitably close my account shortly meaning I will have lost my long term number.

7 REPLIES 7

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi CX999, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

We're sorry to hear that it's not been possible to port your number over from Talk Talk to us. It's not often, but there are sometimes occasions where this isn't possible I'm afraid. 

If the teams have already advised you of this, there isn't anything we can do I'm afraid. 

Talk Talk own the number so we can only request it. If they have said it cannot be transferred over - their word would stand. 

Apologies once again. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. TalkTalk are saying it's not possible period, not that it was a problem with my port specifically To your knowledge is it possible to port a VOIP number and has it been done ?

Hi CX999, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the port.

I will send you a private message so that we can give you a definite answer. 

Kind regards, Chris. 

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi CX999, thanks for messaging us over PM. 

Can you get back in touch with us when you have spoken to Talk Talk. 

Chris. 

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi CX999, thanks for the reply. Once you have spoken to Talk Talk, please reply to the PM and we will be able to look into this further for you. - Chris 

Hi Chris,

Having got TalkTalk to acknowledge there is a problem on their side I'm just waiting for them to update me on the resolution.

Regards

Hi CX999. Great news, once you have something please message me back. ^Chris.